Monday, November 21, 2011

SPACEBRAIN GOES TO ORIGAMI


Some days are just buggers, yet there's always hope. Believe me and read on, comrades. This Friday started out as one of those, then ended with a good show and an incredible piece of luck and loyalty. But I'm jumping ahead a bit.

First of all thanks to everyone (and there were quite a few of you) who showed up, watched our show and bought our records at the Origami Vinyl in-store on Friday!
We had a blast, especially since, as mentioned above, this was one of those days.

The hours leading up to the show were marred by some horrid Friday LA traffic making everyone late. On top of that, I got stuck at the postal facility finishing a big mail-out of promo packages, gluing my fingers to envelopes and making a general mess of things. Why? Because mailing things seems to me to be one of the most stressful times in the human experience, always has. I mean right up there with moving, divorce and the DMV! I'm mailophobic, just can't get it together. Needless to say by the time I got out of there I was running well late for the gig.

Then, loading my gear at the practice space, I made the near-fatal mistake of getting my laptop out of the trunk of the car and setting it on the ground so it wouldn't get crushed by equipment. After a brief chat with fellow Silverlake lads Vanaprasta yours truly drove off, after securely loading all the musical gear , but not the Macbook sitting right next to it.

That's when Vanaprasta stepped in like proper stars and saved my arse by handing in said laptop along with some all-important X-mas lights. Much appreciated, fellas. Your super-hero outfits are in the mail, as soon as I get to a post office again.

What a relief that after that, everyone made it just in time, the gig rocked, I got my computer back and everyone lived happily ever after. The end.

Ready for re-entry

Brain in Space

No comments:

Post a Comment